It felt like just yesterday we were greeted with Chinese New Year fireworks. Now, we are already closing in on Ramadan. With it comes a plethora of cookies on sale, whether in the supermarket or on social media. The Dahlia biscuit (Kuih Semperit) recipe produces cookies with a ridged and serrated surface and pleasure with every nibble, providing a sense of charm to both our eyes and our tastebuds. The Dahlia biscuit, also known as Kuih Dahlia or Kuih Semperit, has always been amongst the hot sellers during this time.
As with hot sellers, they tend to run out quickly but don’t always replenish as fast. Instead of rushing for a container of Dahlia biscuits, why not make the effort to get the ingredients and bake some on your own? Whip out those dusty aprons and preheat your oven because here is the Dahlia biscuit recipe that you’ve been waiting for.
Dahlia Biscuits (Kuih Semperit) Recipe
Dahlia Biscuits (Kuih Semperit) Recipe Ingredients:
- 250gm Ballantyne salted butter (cold)
- 100 gm caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 65gm custard powder
- 60gm corn flour
- 130gm biscuit flour
How to make Dahlia Biscuits:
- Cut Ballantyne butter into small cubes while still cold.
- Combine butter cubes with caster sugar, egg yolk and vanilla essence. Rub or mix until mixture turns into a breadcrumb-like texture.
- Sift in custard powder, corn flour and biscuit flour. Mix till a soft non-stick dough forms.
- Use a Kuih Dahlia cookie mould (acuan kuih dahlia) to pipe the dough into individual cookies on a baking tray.
- Top with diced dried fruits and bake 150℃ for 12 – 15 minutes.
You may also want to read:
Ballantyne: The Butter for Every Biscuit!
The perfect Dahlia biscuit will be nothing without the right ingredients. That is why you should be using Ballantyne butter in your mixtures. Ballantyne is a pioneer in Australia when it comes down to producing quality ingredients for everyday cooking and baking.
Their butter is made from fresh cream produced from grass-fed Australian cows, whose milk are slowly churned to light, creamy and delicious perfection. Don’t deny yourself of quality butter that promises a delectable Ramadan recipe. Get yours today at discounts up to 35% OFF from the nearest supermarkets to your doorstep. Download HappyFresh now!
Biscuits aren’t enough to fill your tummy!
Feast your eyes & tastebuds on our top Ramadan recipes!