Malaysians and their food are inseparable, wouldn’t you agree? The beauty about such a relationship that even fellow tourist could appreciate is that in every state, you would find a delicacy that suits your tastebuds, whether it would be the famous curry mee in Penang or the basic yet fulfilling Nasi Goreng Cina. Aside from the yummy dishes for lunch and dinner, what about dessert recipes – have you heard about Kek Batik?
Who does not love cake, especially chocolate cake or even Kek Batik? Don’t be surprised to know that Kek Batik is not quite like how you imagine a cake to be like. It is in fact has a fudgy texture and does not even need to be baked! Kek Batik in Malaysia is actually a non-baked cake dessert that is made by Marie biscuits and chocolate sauce!
Did you know that you don’t really have to wait until Ramadan just to get the highly satisfying Kek Batik? It is not that hard to have it anytime you want if you know how to make it.
Here is one thing you should know. Not only the process of making Kek Batik is super duper easy, but it also does not take too long to be done! You can also enjoy making it with your kids at home!
Not everyone is a lover of chocolate cake and it all depends on the recipes used, but, as you go through this recipe, you will not be able to resist the temptation and cannot wait to make one!
Kek Batik Recipe
- 1 small can condensed milk
- 1 ¾ cups chocolate milk powder/Milo powder
- ⅔ cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 250 – 300 grams Marie Biscuits
Buy all the ingredients by clicking on the button below:
How to make Kek Batik Recipe:
- Crush biscuits into small pieces. Set aside.
- Prepare a cake pan (round, loaf, square) and grease well with cooking spray or butter.
- Gently melt butter on medium heat in a wok or a pot.
- Mix in condensed milk and chocolate milk powder/Milo powder. Stir well.
- Add in eggs and stir continuously on medium to medium high heat till it thickens.
- Once it has thickened, add in vanilla extract. Stir to mix it all well.
- Put in the crushed biscuits into the pan or pot and stir gently. Pour into the cake pan and flatten the top.
- If you don’t want the biscuit to be crushed, spread a layer of fudge into cake pan and layer it with the biscuits. Repeat until you run out of fudge.
- Leave the cake to cool for an hour then cover and refrigerate overnight.
Believe it or not, taking the first bite of your homemade Kek Batik will be a memory you won’t be able to erase. The taste of Kek Batik will tantalise your taste buds the moment you sink your teeth into it. It’s true! It would be a shame to not give it a try!
This Kek Batik only takes about 20 minutes to get it all done with minimal ingredients. What other cake recipe could possibly beat that? To make it even better, you can save your time on getting the ingredients too as you can always buy groceries online at HappyFresh!