Ask any avid coffee drinker, and they would agree that a day cannot begin without a cup of hot coffee. We can go rambling on the pros and cons of drinking coffee, but in the eyes of a coffee drinker, a hot cup of coffee is essential to kick their engines into gear. Thanks to the ever-increasing demand for coffee, customers are spoilt for choice by the sheer range of coffees sold at various franchises, among the popular ones include the Caramel Macchiato.
At this day and age, we are drawn to anything on-the-go allowing the liberty to save time, money and experiencing convenience. Coffee brands have seen this as an opportunity spin their usual coffee recipe to with some of our favourites in the form of sachets, allowing us to grab one at home and make them in the office as we wait for our computers to boot up – but on the weekend when life tends to tone down temporarily, it’s nice to pamper yourself after 5 days of pure productivity.
Stop spending RM16 for a venti cup at that overpriced coffee chain when you can save a lot more by making your very own Caramel Macchiato without fancy contraptions behind the counter, and today we will show you how with this Caramel Macchiato recipe.
- In a small pan over medium heat, add sugar and water.
- Cook without stirring until the sugar is dissolved, then boil until thick with a dark amber colour.
- Remove pan from heat then immediately add the cream and butter.
- Whisk until combined then season with salt to taste.
- Set aside until ready to use.
Hot Caramel Macchiato Recipe:
- Line the inside of your cup with the caramel.
- Heat the milk and mix until frothy before setting aside
- Dissolve the coffee mix in hot water and pour into a mug
- Pour the hot forty milk until almost full
- Drizzle some caramel on the top
Voila! A hot cup of Caramel Macchiato without using an ounce of brainpower. Should you find yourself craving for Caramel Macchiato on the rocks during a hot day, don’t submit to the temptation to splash the cash. Simply mix up the recipe and you’ve got yourself covered.
Iced Caramel Macchiato Recipe:
* continue from step 3 under Hot Caramel Macchiato Recipe
- Fill the cup with ice before adding the coffee
- Pour in the frothy milk
- Optional: Top the surface with whipped cream
- Drizzle drink with caramel sauce