Do you hear that? Those are sleigh bells ringing. Yup, you heard them right. Christmas is already a hop, skip and a jump away. In spite of the majority of 2020 stricken by the COVID-19, we’ve always found a way to enjoy the many Malaysian festivities while staying clear of the virus. Amidst spirited carols, presents wrapped in beautiful wrappers and homely decorations, Christmas is never Christmas if not spent with the ones we love. So how do we celebrate the most wonderful time of the year when the situation isn’t as merry as it used to be? Simple, we bring joy to them, and what better way to send our ho-ho-hos to the ho-ho-homes of our loved ones with freshly baked Christmas butter biscuits, and we have just the recipe for you!
Prep time: 1 hour | Servings: 24
- 200g Lurpak® Unsalted butter (softened)
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 350g plain flour (extra for dusting)
- 300g icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 180ºC/ 160ºC fan/ gas mark 6.
- In a large bowl, beat the Lurpak® unsalted butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- For the dough, whisk the egg yolk, vanilla extract, and flour. Add some flour if the dough is a little sticky.
- Remove the dough and roll it out on a flat surface to about ½cm in thickness.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out the dough and place onto a lined baking tray. Re-roll the off-cuts and repeat until there is no more. Place the biscuits in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 8-12 minutes or until just coloured on the edges. Remove the biscuits from the oven and leave to cool on the wire rack.
- For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice. Add more icing sugar for a thicker consistency.
- Decorate the biscuits and leave the icing to set.
It is never a Christmas butter biscuits recipe without the butter, and Lurpak unsalted butter ranks amongst the creamiest and smoothest around, perfect if you are aiming to add premium taste and quality whilst providing the flexibility to add other ingredients should you need. This November you can enjoy up to 25% OFF on Lurpak and Arla goods with HappyFresh and start baking magical masterpieces in your kitchen oven. But wait, the saving doesn’t stop there.
You can now enjoy even more savings if you are a UOB card users. Not yet a UOB card user, then what are you waiting for? Sign-up now and enjoy RM30 OFF (RM180 minimum spend) + RM10 cashback on your groceries. Terms and conditions apply.