Some of us are quite easy going when it comes to festive celebrations. Unfortunately, the same thing cannot be said for our elders. It would be the utmost sacrilege if there is no food served during Chinese New Year reunions at home. The demand for ingredients and dishes that are complex and difficult to attain can make the task for the chef of the day challenging even more so with the recently reinstated MCO – but not every meal on Chinese New Year has to be complex in nature. The claypot chicken rice is a popular meal within the Chinese community. Chicken cooked to a tender delight, complemented with an array of flavourful sauces and crispy rice bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Traditionally, claypot chicken rice recipes are cooked using a clay pot over a charcoaled fire. This method of cooking is still used in several restaurants, even in established towns. Today, many who opt to cook this delicacy at home, tend to use an electric rice cooker for the sake of convenience and practicality. This recipe utilises many of the everyday ingredients that you might have stocked already stocked up a home.
Claypot Chicken Rice Recipe with MAGGI® Oyster Sauce
Time: 1 hour 42 minutes | Serving: 8
- 600g chicken
- 7g MAGGI® Homemade Concentrated Chicken Stock
- 7g MAGGI® CukupRasa™
- 15g sugar
- 20g MAGGI® Oyster Sauce
- 4 shiitake mushrooms (dried)
- 40g ginger
- 500g rice
- 1 sprig spring onions
- 700ml water
- 1 red chilli
- 50g MAGGI® Homemade Concentrated Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fried shallots
- Marinate chicken with MAGGI® Homemade Chicken Stock, MAGGI® CukupRasa, MAGGI®I Oyster sauce and sugar for 1 hour.
- After marinated, pour water, MAGGI® Homemade Chicken Stock and rice in clay pot. Bring to boil.
- Add in the marinated chicken. Let is simmer for 30 min.
- When cooked, pour over dark soy sauce.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve.
Marinate Your Meat with MAGGI® Oyster Sauce
MAGGI® Oyster Sauce brings out the rich taste while still enhancing your meals natural flavours. Marinate your meat generously by coating it in this thick and rich oyster sauce to make them juicy and delicious.
Kickstart your new year with discounts up to 15% OFF your favourite MAGGI® products and start cooking from home. Stay safe and stay healthy while we pick and deliver your groceries to your home.
Check out our other delicious MAGGI® recipes below:
Stand a chance to win over 1000 cash prizes worth RM350,000 this Chinese New Year with MAGGI®!
- Buy MAGGI® products
- WhatsApp your receipt to 018 228 3911 OR
- Fill up the contest form & mail it to the address stated on the form
The contest runs from January 1 – February 28 2021! For more information, visit MAGGI® official website! T&Cs apply.