Chicken is arguably the most widely consumed poultry worldwide, a fact very much proven true in Malaysia, be it within the urban or rural areas regardless of race or religion. The flexibility of chicken as an ingredient allows it to be used in various dishes whilst still promising a delicious and fulfilling meal – but we already knew that.
The downside to being spoilt for choice with the array recipe at our fingertips on this go-to poultry is that we tend to revert to the usual, chicken rice and chicken curry, failing to think out of the box with a new recipe, and given the busy schedule that we have, it is even more exhausting to research on a tasty chicky treat we could concoct from our pots and pans and let’s not get started about cleaning up after we’re done eating.
No worries – since we at HappyFresh are all about solving your grocery problems, we figured we spoon feed you with a recipe too creamy to resist – the salted egg chicken.
A salted egg twist to a meal is not unheard of. It pretty much compliments seafood, snacks and anything deep fried. Coated with creamy salted egg sauce atop hot crispy fried chicken and drizzled with some Chinese celery and cili padi enhances the flavours of an already taste-tastic meal.
Creamy Salted Egg Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 2 servings
- Chicken (1kg approx.)
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 pieces cili padi (sliced)
- 4 salted egg yolks (boiled)
- 250ml coconut milk
- Sea salt / Himalayan pink salt
- Coconut cooking oil
- Chinese celery leaves (daun sup)
- Season chicken wings with salt.
- In a pan, add oil and pan-fry chicken until cooked.
- Remove chicken and excess oil from the pan.
- Turn on the heat to medium. Add curry leaves and sauté.
- Once the leaves crisp up a little, add garlic and cili padi. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add salted eggs and stir until well mixed.
- Add coconut milk and stir until well mixed.
- Season with salt.
- Add the chicken back in and toss until well coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with Chinese celery leaves.
Our chicken recipes don’t stop here. Check out our latest chicken recipes below: