Malaysians are a sucker for good food. We wouldn’t mind queuing up to spoil ourselves with a delicious and fulfilling meal. Lucky for us, Malaysia is blessed with an array of yummy delicacies so much so that we often find ourselves wondering what to eat for that day. Amongst the popular nasi lemaks, roti canai and maggi gorengs are fried chickens – especially when they are served crispy and hot from the fryer.
Don’t believe us? Check out some of the fast-food joints that serve fried chicken as their staple. Have you ever seen an empty queue? However, we can’t go eating them daily for the sake of our health and the health of our bank accounts as well.
This fried chicken recipe is unlike the ones you ever tasted in popular fast food joints. You don’t have seasoning like garlic, ginger and onions to give that spice and to top it all off, seasoned with Mahsuri sauces to bring all the ingredients together.
Mahsuri Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 Chicken (cut into 14 pieces) – marinate with salt and turmeric powder
- 20g garlic (minced)
- 50g onion (minced)
- 20g young ginger (minced)
- 50g spring onions (cut into 2cm)
- 2 red chilli (sliced thinly)
- 50g Mahsuri Sos Tiram (Mahsuri Oyster Sauce)
- 50g Mahsuri Kicap Manis Pedas (Mahsuri Spicy Sweet Soy Sauce)
- Marinate the chicken and set aside for at least ½ hour. Heat oil and deep fry till cooked. Set aside.
- Stir fry the minced garlic, onion and young ginger together until aromatic.
- Add in Mahsuri Sos Tiram and Mahsuri Kicap Manis Pedas together with the sliced red chilli. Mix till the sauce thickens.
- Add in the fried chicken and toss together with the sauce.
- Add in the spring onion, remove and serve.
If you are looking to scrimp on your meals with home-cooked ones, then Mahsuri is the sauce for you. Made by Malaysian, for Malaysians, Mahsuri sauces are the seasonings you need to give your meals that authentic Malaysian taste. Mahsuri bolsters seasonings that add flavours that all Malaysian of all ages have grown to appreciate. Check out other delicious recipes with Mahsuri below:
Now, you can get your hands on some of Mahsuri bottles at discounts up to 30% OFF only on HappyFresh. No need to worry about long queues or contracting that pesky COVID-19, we’ll do your groceries for you. Don’t wait, Shop now!
Other Mahsuri Best Sellers
Click here for more Mahsuri deals!