We can all agree that the weather in Malaysia has been acting up quite recently. On some days, it pours heavily, while on some, it blazes like hot samosas outside. If the weather forbids you from going outside for a scoop of ice cream, make your own with this easy homemade ice cream recipe.
Rain or shine, you must be craving (or screaming) for some ice cream. All you need are three ingredients and a big appetite to gobble it up!
This easy homemade ice cream recipe shows you how to make plain vanilla ice cream which also acts as a base for additional toppings. With this base, you will be able to get creative, feel a little extra and mix in some of your favourite ice cream toppings like berries or nuts!
Experiment and create a combination of flavours with the following suggestions. You can never go wrong with them:
- Chocolate chips
- Crushed cookies
- Frozen strawberries
- Salted caramel drizzle
- Toasted peanuts
- Add natural or artificial colouring
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 4-6 hours
- In a large bowl, whip heavy cream using a hand mixer or a stand mixer until you notice stiff peaks. Make sure to whip it on high speed and be careful not to over-whip it.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract in another bowl. Vanilla extract is used to keep your ice cream from freezing too hard.
- Add in your desired toppings or other flavours.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into an insulated container and cover. Freeze for about 4-6 hours or until it’s firm.
- Finally, your ice cream is ready to serve. Scoop them into cups, onto wafer cones or eat it straight from the container!
You could store your ice cream in an airtight container for up to six weeks. This simple homemade ice cream makes the perfect midnight snack to enjoy with your family and friends.
Find these simple ingredients, freshly handpicked and only a click away on our HappyFresh app today!
Looking for MORE yummy recipes?
Delight yourself to some of your favourites: