How privileged are we! – to celebrate various festivities in Malaysia, yet, it always comes with a fair share of complaints. One that we often hear every Raya are about the cookies and traditional Malay tidbits generously given by our friends and family that we often struggle to finish. But if you are tired of the same ol’, same ol’, why not switch things up and add a new Raya cookie to your cookie collection this year? This Hari Raya cookies recipe deviates from the traditional bite-sized tidbits we have all grown to love over many years of celebrating Raya. So how about it? Put this Hari Raya cookies recipe into action! You can even bake some and share these cookies with your friends and family as well.
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup Lurpak Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6-8 oz dark chocolate
- Peanut butter (optional)
How to Make Hari Raya Cookies:
- Melt Lurpak Butter until golden brown and add both the sugars
- Mix until the sugars are melted. Let it cool and add eggs
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda until well incorporated then add the chocolate
- Bake in 180c oven for 13 minutes
- Take out and drizzle peanut butter and bake it again for 8 minutes
Looking for more Raya recipes? Check out:
- Taste Raya With This Authentic & Simple Ayam Masak Merah Recipe
- The Easiest Crunchy Almond London Biscuit Recipe
- Secret Recipe Revealed! How to Make Ayam Goreng Berempah
Complete Raya with Lurpak Unsalted Butter
Butter is an essential ingredient in baking most cookie recipes and this is where Lurpak Unsalted Butter is the ideal butter for you. Lurpak Unsalted Butter is made from purely fresh cream and free from a hint of salt, giving you the liberty of controlling the amount of salt you would add to your cooking and baking, crucial for every chef of the day especially with Raya around the corner.
Start adding your favourite Arla and Lurpak items to your cart at up to 30% OFF this April. If that’s not enough, we’d do one better. Use the code LURPAK05 to enjoy RM5 OFF a minimum spend of RM100 with at least 1 Arla or Lurpak item in your cart. Start saving, shop now! Terms and conditions apply.
Craving for more Ramadan delights?
Check out our top Ramadan recipes below: