It is a common misconception that cookies can be a hindrance to our quest towards healthy livings, however contrary to popular belief, there are loads of ingredients that you could add to your mix to bake your cookies a nibble-bit healthier. Macadamia nuts are common cookie ingredients that are packed with nutrients as well as provide your cookies with a crunchy texture. You can also go the unconventional route by using gula melaka as an alternative sweetener to processed sugar. Lucky for you, this macadamia cookie recipe incorporates gula melaka for a crunchy healthy tidbit that is guaranteed to quell your insatiable cravings for a lot or two.
Gula Melaka Macadamia Cookie Recipe
- 125g Anchor Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 80g granulated sugar
- 100g Gula Melaka (chopped)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g all-purpose flour (sifted)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 300g Macadamia nuts (chopped into smaller pieces or chunks (add more if need to))
- In a large mixing bowl, add and mix cream butter with granulated sugar and chopped gula melaka until pale and fluffy. Proceed even with little chunks of Gula Melaka.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and beat until well-combined.
- Add in sifted flour, baking powder and salt until just incorporated. Do not over-mix the dough.
- Add macadamia nuts and fold in until even.
- Chill cookie dough for about 30 minutes. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Using 2 teaspoons, scoop the cookie dough into a small ball onto your baking tray. Space them apart to allow cookies to spread.
- Bake for 10 – 13 minutes (depending on your dough size) until cookies look set and the edges are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to rest on a tray before removing and leaving to cool.
You may also want to check out these recipes:
Anyone who has ever baked a cookie would know that butter is an essential ingredient in making the batter. Look no further than Anchor’s own unsalted butter. Made from 100% pure New Zealand milk, Anchor unsalted butter makes your baking and cooking simply sublime. No additives, no colouring and no preservatives, pure natural goodness to the core.
Add this macadamia nuts cookies with gula melaka recipe to your selection of Chinese New Year cookies this year! Get your hands-on Anchor unsalted butter and more at discounts up to 20% OFF. Why slip on a face mask when you can shop from home. Shop now!