Halloween is celebrated quite differently in Malaysia as opposed to what we see on TV shows and our computer screens. Instead of the trick or treating, we Malaysian get creative with our fashion sense, putting together some of the wackiest costumes from scratch and painting our faces for a party or an event for the night. For many of us who have 9 – 5 jobs, you’re probably no stranger to Halloween office event that would require you to dress-up or make-up for the occasion, but let’s face it – you’d rather go home and crash after a whole day filled with hectic deadlines and lengthy meetings. So, if you fall into the adulting, anti-social bracket, why not keep yourself occupied with this spooktacular recipe – and we have one just for you. Nothing too filling for your tummy but one that delights your tastebuds and is also easy on the eyes. Bake yourself some yummy Halloween cupcakes with Marzipan ghost to keep you company. You might even have your neighbours trick or treating at your doorstep for a bite with a whiff of some freshly-baked scary Halloween cupcakes from the oven.
Scary Halloween Cupcakes
- 125g powdered sugar
- 100g Arla® Unsalted Butter (in foil, room temperature)
- 200ml Arla® Organic Milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 200g wheat flour
- 2 ½ tbsp cocoa
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g dark chocolate (chopped)
Ingredients for Buttercream:
- 125g Arla® Unsalted Butter (in foil, room temperature)
- 250g icing sugar
- Caramel colours (yellow and red food colouring)
Preparation material for Marzipan ghosts:
- 12 toothpick
- 150g Marzipan
- 12 bits chocolate candy (any brand)
- Icing sugar
- 25g dark chocolate (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Whisk together butter, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg and stir in the milk.
- Mix flour, cocoa, vanilla sugar and baking powder.
- Sift down the flour mixture and stir to a smooth batter.
- Turn the chocolate over.
- Distribute the batter in a cupcake tin with 12 medium-sized moulds (about ¾ dl of batter in each).
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whisk the butter in a bowl.
- Add a little icing sugar at a time until the buttercream is light and fluffy.
- Make orange caramel colour by mixing yellow and red caramel colour.
- Balance a little of the caramel colour at a time in the buttercream to the desired colour intensity.
- Fill a spritz or plastic bag with buttercream and cut a hole in one corner (use possibly star-shaped tulle).
- Squeeze the buttercream over the cupcake.
- Attach a toothpick to the base each on a piece of candy.
- Then insert a toothpick with candy into each cupcake.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on a baking sheet and roll out half of the marzipan thinly.
- Cut out 6 circles, about 8 cm in diameter.
- Let each circle fall over a piece of candy.
- Repeat with the rest of the marzipan.
- Draw faces on the ghosts with melted chocolate, for example with the help of a toothpick.
Treats Made Possible with Arla
Arla serves a variety of dairies useful in your everyday life, all bolstering nutrition in abundance – and baked goods are of no exception. Pick between salted or unsalted butter and milk for your recipe to add to your mix to concoct a masterpiece from your oven.
Better yet, you can do it at your fingertips at discounts up to 25% OFF only on HappyFresh. Shop now and let us do the heavy lifting for you all the way to your doorstep.
Other Arla Best Sellers