If you’ve been on the hyped social media trend of cooking meals from home since day one, we at HappyFresh would like to assume that you’ve probably up-ed your cooking game since then. Plus, you’ve probably bored with cooking the same treats or baking delicacies at the same difficulty level.
Out with the basic cheesecakes, caramel puddings and Dalgona coffee, which was sooooo April 2020, we’re here with another recipe that will put those 3-months’ worth of honing your culinary skills to the test.
Here’s a recipe that promises nothing but a full belly with a spicy twist.
Grilled Rib Eye with Shrimp Paste Chili Recipe
Grilled Rib Eye
- 600g rib eye
- 3cm ginger
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- 700ml coconut water
- 2 tbsp Mahsuri 3 Rasa (Spicy Sweet & Sour Sauce)
- 1 tsp ground chilli paste
- 1 tsp honey
- Cooking oil
Shrimp Paste Chilli
- 10 red chilli
- 5 green chilli
- ½ tbsp roasted belacan (shrimp paste)
- 10 shallots
- 1 Key lime
- 5 onions
- 1 tsp Mahsuri 3 Rasa (Spicy Sweet & Sour Sauce)
- Prepare coconut water, add in kaffir lime leaves, ginger and Mahsuri 3 Rasa (Spicy Sweet & Sour Sauce). Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Add in rib eye and cook until tender.
- Remove the meat with some stock and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a separate pan. Sauté the ingredients for shrimp paste chilli till fragrant, add Mahsuri Spicy Sweet & Sour Sauce and some stock.
- Reduce the heat, add salt to taste.
- The poached meat can be grilled or baked in an oven.
- Serve with shrimp paste chilli.
The secret to bringing out the best in this grilled rib eye is in the Mahsuri sauce which gives your meal that authentic and familiar taste of traditional Malay cuisines – promising a satisfying serving that reminds you of home.
Aside from the Mahsuri Spicy Sweet & Sour Sauce, Mahsuri also bolsters an array of other sauces that guarantees a flavourful meal for the family from oyster sauces, black pepper sauce and more.
Right now, you can get your Mahsuri bottle at up to 30% OFF on the HappyFresh app.
What’s the difference? Nothing much, it’s online grocery shopping at your fingertips – minus the trouble of finding a parking bay, packed stores, long counter queues, heavy grocery bags, expensive parking tickets and traffic jams. Oh, did we mention you can shop anywhere, anytime? If you didn’t know, now you know!
Try it out and make your very own grilled rib eye with shrimp paste chilli from the comfort of your own home, and with Father’s Day coming your way in the middle of June, this could be the main course for the day.
Treat your father and your loved ones at home with a hearty and delicious meal with this grilled rib eye that promises succulent juices with a chilli paste that would send your senses into a frenzy as flavours and juices caress your taste buds.
Looking for MORE yummy recipes?
Delight yourself to some of your favourites: